Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Cards for the Lads

Now that I have started stamping with The Open Sea, I can't seem to stop trying it on different projects. . . here are some more that I have pulled together today whilst crafting with some friends.


So the base card is a piece of A5 Crumb Cake cardstock daubed with Early Espresso.  I have mounted the base card with a piece of Not Quite Navy 10cm x 14.3cm.  The Vanilla card stock mounted on that mat was stamped using the ledger stamp from The Open Sea set in Crumb Cake and the anchor in stamped off Early Espresso.  Compass was stamped in stamped off Not Quite Navy.  Mis-treated it a bit with tearing, distressing and daubing. 

On a piece of scrap vanilla I stamped the ship in Early Espresso, tore it to the appropriate size and daubed the edges and the ocean with Not Quite Navy ink.  Distressed and rolled the edges and mounted it with dimensionals.

I used a similar approach for the sentiment but stuck it flat to the base.  The anchor image is dimensionalised as well.  Had some left over build-a-brads so I stamped the compass, coloured it with an aqua pen and some Not Quite Navy ink then punched it out to be the feature on the brad.  


This card was made in an almost identical fashion except of course the base card is Cherry Cobbler and the mounting card is Basic Grey.  I also included the Nautical Expedition designer series paper as I love the globe map images.  Distressing and daubing seems to be the technique of the day.  The "Celebrate Today" comes from the Perfectly Penned set and is great for man-cards!


This card was made with the same colour scheme as the one above.  I have added some Early Espresso Baker's Twine and Crystal Effects to the anchor and sentiment to get them to pop a little.

A productive day all round.

Ahoy!
Shanni




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni