Sunday, March 25, 2012

March Quarter Team Get Together

The Paper Belles have had a huge year - we have over 20 new members and have accomplished heaps of milestones in the past twelve months.  The Stampin' Up! year runs from 1 April - 31 March and is about to come to another close.

Today I am hosting my Team's Quarterly Get Together.  We generally have two gatherings a month to focus on different things and I hold a quarterly get together for those who live at a distance or who due to work and life commitments are not able to make it at other times.

We exchange swaps, have a chat and a drink of some nature - and there is always food - and I like to do a little project to show different techniques, styles and colours. 

The project I have created for today uses the French Foliage set.  I love trees and leaves and branches so these "nature" sets get extra work outs in my house!  I used every stamp in the set on this card and am quite happy with the outcome. I hope that gang likes it and that it prompts other ideas for everyone.


My colour scheme is Cajun Craze, River Rock and Very Vanilla card stocks and I have used these colours to stamp (excluding the vanilla of course). I have also incorporated Well Worn designer Series Paper.  The embellishments are natural hemp twine and the safety pin from Vintage Trinkets.

I gave the card texture using the Square Lattice embossing folder with the shottie.  And of course I couldn't resist distressing and daubing the edges using Early Espresso ink. 

Because the Well Worn DSP is so versatile and beautiful I had to use several pieces of it and made the exact same layout with three other prints from the set.  They all look slightly different of course but the overall flavour is masculine!


Got some great swaps too - will take some photos and upload them soon.

Hip love
Shanni

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is looking so so so fantastic - and what a lovely card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni