Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Just Because Soho Subway is So Sensational

I have six brothers and three brothers in law so the need for masculine cards is ever constant. This is my latest Soho Subway DSP card:
The Open Sea is my go to stamp set for blokey cards. I have stamped it here in Midnight Muse with the bills of lading stamp behind it in Crumb Cake. The frame is simply fussy cut after being embossed with the rectangular Designer Frames TIEF in Soft Suede cardstock. The edges are daubed in Early Espresso. I mounted the framed ship on a Hardwood stamped feature that I wanted to look like a piece of jetty.

Antique brads are to add to the nautical theme and these aspects are mounted on an Apothecary Accent shape that I also embossed the Crumb Cake with the Pretty Print TIEF. Of course the daubing on the edges is to add to the distressed theme.

I am loving the sentiment "just because" from A Dozen Thoughts. I have strung the Linen Thread back and forth behind it for texture and to give it a more masculine feel.
The DSP background is from Soho Subway DSP and is primarily a tone of blue which is a cross between Soft Sky and Marina Mist, Crumb Cake and Early Espresso. I mounted it on a piece of Soft Sky and the base card is Crumb Cake.

Loving this particular design from the Soho Subway DSP suite.

Back later
Shanni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni