Friday, December 5, 2014

Ornamental Pine Challenges. . .

I have been absent for a little while because I have been so busy demonstrating, doing classes and holding retreats. . . it has been a wonderful time but I have been neglecting my blog as a consequence!  Please don't think that I have not been creative.

I adore the Ornamental Pine set in the Holiday Mini Catalogue and have set myself a challenge of making as many different cards and projects as I can with the set to show how versatile it is. . .

In making the cards I made a basic version of each card and then added some additional card stock layers and embellishments to make the card a little more luxe.

Here are today's shares:
The base card is Cherry Cobbler and I have used the Garden Green gingham paper from the Trim the Tree DSP Stack in the Holiday Cattie. I stamped the leaves in Garden Green to match the designer series paper and the pine cones in Early Espresso on Crumb Cake card stock (which I fussy cut out).

To dress the second card up I used a Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding Ribbon and mounted the whole card on Garden Green card stock. The "Happy Wonderful Christmas" is from the Wondrous Wreath stamp set.
I stamped these images in the same colour scheme but cut them down using the Deco Label Framelit Dies. I mounted them on a different piece of the Trim the Tree DSP Stack - I love tartan patterns at Christmas. Can you believe that I have used the same pattern on both these cards - the mounting card and layers makes such a difference right?

The ribbons and the layering once again set the cards apart. I used the Cherry Cobbler Linen Ribbon from the Holiday Mini Catalogue on the left hand card compared with the Burlap Ribbon on the other. The sentiment "merry & bright" is from the Good Greetings set which was a promotional stamp set for hostesses in October and the "Christmas Wishes" is from the Ornamental Pine set.
For a slightly different approach with the third set of cards I embossed the ornament from the Ornamental Pine set in gold embossing powder then fussy cut them out. On the top card I coloured the ornament with a Stampin' Write Marker in Cherry Cobbler. The other difference is the ribbon - Cherry Cobbler but the top is Seam Binding and the bottom is the Linen ribbon from the Holiday Mini Catalogue.

You will see that the base card in both instances is Cherry Cobbler mounted with Early Espresso and Gold Foil card stock. Both have been mounted on an Early Espresso card to frame the card.

Hopefully you have found some inspiration. I will be back tomorrow with another three sets of cards.

Cheers
Shanni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni