Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Tea Shoppe in Black 'n Gold

I have been dying to try the new Tea Shoppe stamp set from the Autumn Winter Mini and have finally had some time today to make a card.  I think that the set is awesome! So this is a "thank you" card I have come up with using mixed materials.

So the card base is Basic Black card stock (A4 sheet cut in halves portrait).  I embossed with gold embossing powder and the flower image from the Tea Shoppe stamp set.  I cut a Scallop Circle Original die shape with the shottie, cut it in half and daubed the edges with Early Espresso ink. 

The designer series paper is from the Mocha Morning Specialty series - I love the rich, luxurious colours in this particular sheet (gold and bronze with dark brown bordering on black accents) and was hard pressed to choose between the strips on the reverse and the beautiful filigree that you see above.  It is mounted on Soft Suede card stock and daubed on the edges.  The Basic Black satin ribbon adds another texture and adds to the overall tactile appeal of the project.

I cut a Bigz Circle in acetate and stamped the large cup image from Tea Shoppe in Staz-On Jet Black.  I then turned the acetate over (so that the cup would be a right handed version instead of the stamped left) and added the steam - Swirls Scribbles Sizzlet in Brushed Gold card stock.

The greeting is from Tea Shoppe as well, stamped in Staz-On Jet Black on Brushed Gold card stock, punched out using the Modern Label punch.  The brad is the "champagne" colour from the Basics Glimmer Brads set.  Inside I stamped the card with the Louisa May Alcott saying "'Stay' is a charming word in a friend's vocabulary" from the Tea Shoppe set ~ I love this sentiment.

I wanted this card to feel lush and expensive - how I feel when I get an hour to have uninterrupted coffee with a friend and hope that I have accomplished it.

Cheers
Shanni

2 comments:

  1. Very elegant card. You are so clever, the acetate technique is a great idea. I too think this paper range is rich and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shan, this is one of my favouritist cards ever! I LOVE this set and it is top of my 'next to purchase' list... GORGEOUS as the gal who crafted it! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni