Saturday, May 30, 2015

3D Swap for Grand Vacation Hawaii 2015

In my wisdom I signed up for the Card Swap and 3D Swap for Grand Vacation and then wondered where I was going to magic the designs for them from lol. . .

Traditionally I have received the most amazing 3D swaps from my European friends on Grand Vacation ~ the Germans in particular really rock this style so I was a tad anxious about what I was going to pull together.  I was sitting on our back deck with a lovely glass of white wine while the kids played in the pool, despite being the start of winter here is was quite mild. . . and I looked at the coaster under my glass and had "a moment".

Here is my 3D swap:
A wall hanging with coaster size panels. I made them with the grunge card stock that is in the Glimmer Paper packaging. I embossed pieces of Very Vanilla using the Lovely Lace TIEF and stuck them to the backs of the "coasters.  The front base card on all three panels is Very Vanilla.
Texture and layers appeal to me so that was my fundamental brief. Firstly I stamped the top right hand corner of the base card with the script stamp from By the Tide in Crumb Cake Classic Stampin' Ink. I then embossed the corner of the base card with the Lovely Lace TIEF.

The Blended Bloom was stamped in StazOn Black ink. I coloured the petals with Daffodil Delight and Crushed Curry Classic Stampin' Ink and an aqua painter. The centre was coloured with Baked Brown Sugar Classic Stampin' Ink and I added little elements with a white Gel Pen. I then coated the entire flower with Crystal Effects so that I could daub and stamp over and around it but have the ink resist.
The fern leaves are from Butterfly Basics stamped in Mossy Meadow. I wanted a vivid contrast so stamped the scroll image from Everything Eleanor in Tangelo Twist. The Butterfly is from Papillon Potpourri, stamped in StazOn Black, coloured with Pool Party and Pacific Point Classic Stampin' Inks and an aqua painter. I then punched out the butterfly with the Elegant Butterfly Punch and coated the whole thing with Dazzling Detail.

I wanted to add a sense of luxury and of course no project is complete without bling. . . so this involved the Sahara Sand Lace Trim and the bracket made from punching the edge of Champagne Glimmer Paper using the Decorative Label Punch.  The Basic Pearls are scattered on the project for added interest.
Postage Due is Retiring but I still wanted to use it in the project because it fit my theme. . . so I stamped it in Sahara Sand Classic Stampin' Ink.

The Central flower was made by stamping Simply Pressed Clay with the blossom image from Beautiful Bunch., I then fussy cut the stamped impression and shaped it slightly, let it dry then painted it with inks and an aqua painter. I used Daffodil Delight, Tangelo Twist and Rose Red Classic Stampin' Inks. I then coated the entire flower with Crystal Effects and placed the Basic Pearls in the centre.
For texture on this coaster I embossed the leaves (cut using the Flower Frenzy Bigz Die and Mossy Meadow card stock) with the Lovely Lace TIEF and adhered them with tombow glue. I stuck the flower down with Crystal Effects and added the gold sequins from the Gold Sequin Trim with glue dots. Random pearls add a little more glamour!
Kinda Eclectic is one of my favourite stamp sets ever so I incorporated the leaves from that set in the background here. I stamped them in Mossy Meadow for consistency and of course did generational stamping to get different shades and add to the layering impression. Gorgeous Grunge (fly poo stamp lol) in Crumb Cake and the lattice from Serene Silhouettes in stamped off Garden Green.

Petite Petals flowers were stamped in StazOn Black and coloured using an aqua painter and Rose Red Classic Stampin' Ink. Then I punched them out with the matching punch and shaped them to add dimension. The Basic Pearls in the centres make the project seem richer. . . I also punched out the smaller flowers using the punch from the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack and Rose Red card stock (and basic pearls).
The butterfly is from the Papillon Potpourri set, stamped in StazOn Black and coloured with Pacific Point Classic Stampin' Ink and an aqua painter. I punched it out with the Bitty butterfly Punch and coated it with Dazzling Detail.

For texture and added interest I cut some Burlap Ribbon in halves and glued it on using tombow and then accented it with gold Metallic Bakers Twine and more gold sequins from the Gold Sequin Trim.

Of course I needed to add words and what better sentiment than inspire, create, share? The letters were all cut out using the Little Letters Thinlet Dies and Pacific Point card stock. I daubed the edges with Early Espresso.  As a final step I daubered the edges of all the coasters with Lost Lagoon Classic Stampin' Ink. I punched holes with a crop-o-dile and used brass split rings and iridescent blue florist wire for the hanging wire.

I hope that the people I swapped with liked the non-traditional take on the swap theme and hang it somewhere to remind them of the awesome time they had on Hawaiian Grand Vacation 2015.

Mahalo
Shanni xx



1 comment:

  1. STUNNING! This 3D swap was out of control Shanni! In a good way, of course. All the little intricate details like sponging on the letters, the simply pressed clay flower, the dazzling details on the butterflies, the embossed leaves...this list is endless. What a memorable and gorgeous keepsake to take home from Hawaii Shanni. You truly are one in a million and I know everyone was blown away with this swap. Love you. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni