Saturday, November 12, 2016

Fancy Folds Pop Up Book Card


Hope you are enjoying this months blog hop for the Pop Up Book Card and that you took the time to look at the easy to follow video from Norma at Splitcoast Stampers - this was exactly the instructions that followed for my card this month.

Wasn't Martha's card awesome? I love her choice of stamps and colours. . . it's always hard to follow in her footsteps!

This is my creation this month:
I have made a 6" square card with a base colour of Soft Suede mounted with a Rich Razzleberry mount. The the stamped square is Whisper White and I have embossed it with the Brick Wall TIEF and washed it with Crumb Cake ink using an aqua painter.

The scrolls have been cut from Old Olive card stock using the Flourish Thinlets. I trimmed and cut the flourish to fit the background and frame the Lots of Labels shape which I cut twice - once in Crumb Cake and next in Whisper White. I cut the crumb Cake label in half and mounted it behind the white to frame it a little.

Tuscan Vineyard is a beautiful set which I haven't utilised as much as I would like and this seemed the perfect opportunity to rectify my slackness - the grapes and the olive branch are from that set. I have stamped them in Staz-On Black, coloured the grapes with Rich Razzleberry and Elegant Eggplant, the leaves are in Always Artichoke and Old Olive. The olive branch is in Old Olive, Always Artichoke and the highlights on the olives are done with Daffodil Delight. I love watercoloring with aqua painters and ink pads.

The bird is from Best Birds - I have watercolored the bird using Soft Suede, Daffodil Delight and Rich Razzleberry.  You have probably worked out that I fussy cut the grapes (I cut down one of the bunches of grapes to suit my purposes) and the bird out and then coated them with a layer of the fine tip glue. It dried fairly quickly - possibly because it is so hot here at the moment. The sentiment from Tin of Cards is stamped in Rich Razzleberry.
Inside the card I stamped the flourish from Flourishing Phrases in Old Olive to tie in the theme from the front of the card.

The grapes and wine flasks and flagons from from Tuscan Vineyard and have been watercolored with Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip and Rich Razzleberry inks.  The bird from Best Birds was coloured using Daffodil Delight, Crumb Cake and Rich Razzleberry. I coated them with a layer of the Fine Tip Glue for a glossy appearance.
I actually stamped the images onto plain Whisper White card stock and fussy cut them so that I could position them strategically. The sentiment is from Garden in Bloom.
I positioned the images slightly off the top of the card and the bird's tail over hangs the fold as well.
I hope that you have taken some inspiration from my card and that you continue with our blog hop today.

Next stop on the blog hop is Anne Granger, check out her incredible project this month:

Until next time,
Shanni xx

Order of November Hop
Shannean Moncrieff (that's me)

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodnes! Each inch a piece of creativity. You know: I am BIG fan of your work. Hugs Tanja

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW !!! the details, the colours I love everything about this my lovely. Gorgeous project <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a work of art ;-) totally stunning my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! your card is absolutely stunning; right down to all the little details.
    You; along with every along this hop has given so much inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet you've been inspired by the Mediterranean Cruise ;) The front panel in particular is stunning. And great job colouring this little bird, so realistic! I know it's not an easy task to do... :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni