Saturday, March 11, 2017

Fancy Folds - Z Fold Flap Card

This month's fold is such a neat one. I bet you have loved the projects so far. How cute was Martha's card? I am always so inspired by the projects that our design team bring together. This is my card this month:
I followed Dawn Griffith's YouTube instructions and made my card 6" square. The smaller card which is the feature is 4" square.

These are the supplies I used:

Sahara Sand A4 card stock
Whisper White A4 card stock
Pear Pizzaz A4 card stock
Falling in Love DSP
Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper
Detailed Floral Thinlet Dies
Flourish Thinlet Dies
Botanical Builder Thinlet Dies
Stitched Frames Dies
Layering Ovals Framelit Dies
Suite Sentiments
Flourishing Phrases
Rhinestone Jewels
Tuxedo Black Memento Ink
Sahara Sand Classic Ink Pad
Blushing Bride Classic Ink Pad

I mounted a square of the Falling in Love Designer Series Paper on a square of Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper and mounted it on the inside of the base card. I wanted a muted background and a suggestion of whimsy. Because this is a z fold card the base is exposed and I wanted to ultimately frame the feature of the card which is the smaller card.
Th smaller 4" square card has Sahara Sand as its base card. I mounted that with a square of Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper and then mounted on top of that a square of Whisper White card which I had run through the Big Shot using the larger of the Detailed Floral Thinlet Dies. I also removed an oval shape from the right side of the white card stock and framed the void with an oval cut from the Stitched Frames dies set.
The sentiment from Suite Sentiments is stamped in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink on an oval of Whisper White card stock and mounted behind the stitched frame. I wanted a contrast and decided on flourishes cut from Pear Pizzaz using the Flourish Thinlet Dies. I trimmed them to suit the card size. The flowers are cut from Whisper White card using the Botanical Builder Framelit Dies. I daubed the centres of the flowers with Blushing Bride Classic Ink.
I creased the flowers to give them dimension and added the larger of the Rhinestone Jewels for a touch of bling and glamour. The flowers are adhered with glue dots.
The card doesn't need a lever or clasp to keep it closed as the layers of card stock make each fold heavy enough to simply sit square.
I stamped the inside of the smaller card with the Flourishing Phrases in Sahara Sand ink.
I tried to keep the background as neutral as possible so that the sentiment and main card feature really popped and draw attention to the sentiment as the main act of the card. I plan to gift this card to a good friend of mine on her wedding in April.
I hope that the overall feel of the card is quite romantic with a little bit of a vintage feel. I hope you have taken some inspiration from my project.  Don't leave us yet though, because my good friend and truly inspirational stamper, Tanja Kolar is next with a beautiful creation.
Thanks for popping by, see you again in two weeks!

Cheers
Shanni xx


Order of Blog Hop

Patrice Halliday Larsen (New Zealand)
Monica Gale(United Kingdom)
Martha Inchley (Canada)
Shannean Moncrieff (Australia) that's me
Tanja Kolar (Germany)
Aude Barbara (France)
Miranda Mols (Netherlands)
Astrid Hofman (Austria)
France Poitras Martin (United States)

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness: Your card is absolutley amazing, fabulous, stunning, gorgeous.. etc. Holy cow! This would be another Shannean card on my wall of Shannean Fame!!!
    Lovely greetings (LG)
    Tanja

    ReplyDelete
  2. a lovly card, Shanni. bauthiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card! The Z fold is fun...Your main image is magnificent!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I echo what everyone else has already said - this card is stunning! Thank you for sharing and I hope you don't mind if I CASE it, I just LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are more than welcome to CASE it! Share the love

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni