Thursday, December 14, 2017

Fancy Folds - Corner Fold

Welcome back to another month of blogging with the Fancy Folds DT!  This month we are sharing our take on Corner Fold Cards. Hopefully you have just visited with Satomi and loved her project!

This is my card - the corner fold has been fun:
Guess what? It's a square card!! Base card is Real Red, mounted on the inside with a piece of the gingham DSP from the Quilted Christmas 6"x 6"Designer Series Paper Pack and then with a smaller square of Whisper White.

The front cover is a square of Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper, mounted with a square of Pool Party card stock then finally a square of Whisper White card.
To pop the front of the card I used the Card Front Builder Thinlit Dies to build the boarder around the edge of the Pool Party card stock. Because the card is square and a little wider than the thinlit I adjusted the width by cutting one corner first but not allowing the entire piece of card to go through the Big Shot, then moved the thinlit and came in from the other side. I ended up with two stars about half an inch apart but thought that the card needed a central feature at the top of the front. I also used the Dark Pool Party Blend pen to freehand draw the lines on the bottom half of the card.

The Happy Christmas sentiment comes from the Seasonal Bells set in the annual cattie. I stamped it in Real Red ink on a scrap of Whisper White and fussy cut it out. You will also notice the pool party on the edges of the banner. I coloured this using the Dark and Light Pool Party Blend pens.
The ornaments are two different stamps from Carols of Christmas stamped in Real Red and Pool Party ink. I was trying to tie into the theme of decorating the house as the main stamped image of the woman from Christmas in the Making.
The additional sentiment is from Christmas in the Making and stamped in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink. The planned recipient for this card loves Christmas and I thought it the perfect time to help her celebrate.
I stamped the woman from Christmas in the Making in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink on Shimmery White card stock. I coloured the image using the following Stampin' Blends:

Hair - Light Daffodil Delight, Light and Dark Crumb Cake
Face - Ivory, Light Pink Pirouette and Light Cherry Cobbler (I also used Ivory for her arms and legs - I tended to blend the colours with the Colour Lifter)
Dress - Light and Dark Cherry Cobbler for collar, bow and shoes, Light and Dark Pink Pirouette for the dress and Light and Dark Pool Party for the dress feature. The holly is done in Dark Cherry Cobbler and Dark Old Olive.

The image was cut out using the largest Oval Stitched Shape Framelits and then mounted on The scalloped edged oval from the Layering Ovals Framelits.
I adhered the mounted image with dimensionals to raise it a little from the other stamped background.

The interior of the card looks like this:
The card feels almost back to front and I think if I did it again this would impact what and how I was stamping but overall I think its a really simple but effective fold and would recommend it as it's quick and simple.

Thanks for popping by - I hope you enjoyed the project.
Don't leave us just yet. I am sure that you are going to love Tanja's card - she always blows me away!
See you next time1
Shanni xx

Blog Hop Order for December
1.Gina Connor (UK)
2.Satomi Wellard (Japan)
3.Shannean Moncrieff (Australia) that's me!
4.Tanja Kolar (Germany)
5Aude Barbara(France)
6.Miranda Mols (Netherlands)
7.Astrid Hofman (Austria)

5 comments:

  1. Oh Shanni!!!! It's RETRO and I love all things retro! WOW! You are the Stampin' Blends Queen! SO so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An amazing card dear Shanni. I love your coloration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great take on the corner fold! My mom would love this card for her 50's deco.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your coloring is amazing! I wish we had that stamp set in Japan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Shannean <3
    These images of this stampset are fitting so perfect to you. And your card is amzing! Really! SO beautiful.. as always my friend.
    Hugs Tanja

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I am always excited to hear from visitors and take inspiration and joy from the messsages left.
Cheers
Shanni